Last Revised: September 1, 2021
This Policy applies to information we collect:
- On the Services.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Services.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from the Services, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and the Services.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this Policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by us on which this Policy is not posted or operated by any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Services.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use the Services. By accessing or using the Services, you acknowledge that you understand and consent to the terms of this Policy. This Policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of the Services after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check this Policy periodically for updates.
1. What Information Do We Collect About You?
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Account Information which includes your image and first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender. This may also include other audio-visual content which you appear in as you participate in any event on or available through the Services (each, an “Event”).
- Contact Information which includes your home address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Transaction Information which includes details about payments you have made and other details of products and services you have accessed or used through the Event. Credit and debit card payments are processed by Stripe (or another payment processor we may use from time to time) on their hosted payments server and payment card details are stored by them.
- Technical Information which includes your internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, hardware information, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and website, cookies, web beacons, tags and other technology on the devices you use to access the Event.
- Usage Information which includes information about how you use our products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Information which includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third party partners and your communication preferences.
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data could be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data will not directly or indirectly reveal your identity.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Services, or transmitted to other users of the Services or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk.
Although you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Services with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Wireless Addresses. If the e-mail address you provide to us is a wireless e-mail address, you agree to receive messages from us at such address unless and until you tell us not to send messages to that address, by contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may change your e-mail preferences at any time, but your wireless carrier’s standard rates will apply as long as you are receiving messages at a wireless e-mail address. If you give us a wireless e-mail address, you represent that you are the owner or authorized user of the device on which messages will be received and that you are authorized to approve the applicable charges.
Text Messages. By submitting your mobile phone number, you consent for Hang to send text messages (“Text Messaging”) about Hang and offerings to the mobile device associated with that number using an automatic system. You may receive approximately 10 recurring texts per month. Msg&data rates may apply. You can opt-out of our text messages any time by texting “Stop” in response. Your opt-out will be effective after we send you a confirmation. Mobile Internet access is required. You represent that you are legally competent and have legal authority to form a contract and provide this consent with regard to the phone number you provide and that you reside in the United States. You may not consent on behalf of someone else or provide someone else’s phone number. Your consent to receive text messages is not required in order to receive our other offerings. You agree to enter into, sign and receive this consent to receive text messages electronically. Print this page using your Internet-connected computer or device and web browser to retain a copy of your consent. You can withdraw your consent to receive this consent electronically. Mail us at email@example.com to request a free copy of your consent, update your contact information or for other customer service. We may also obtain the date, time and content of your messages in the course of your use of Text Messaging. We will use the information we obtain in connection with our Text Messaging in accordance with this Policy. If fees are charged to your wireless account invoice, we may provide information to your carrier about them. Your wireless carrier and other service providers may also collect data about your wireless device usage, and their practices are governed by their own policies. We may also access the content of your account and/or wireless account with your carrier for the purpose of identifying and resolving technical problems and/or service-related complaints.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with the Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to the Services, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Services.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve the Services and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Services according to your individual interests.
- Recognize you when you return to the Services.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Services may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on the Services. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Services may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us to, for example, count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We currently do not change our tracking practices in response to “do-not-track” signals transmitted from web browsers.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used, and we do not obligate these third parties to honor “do-not-track” signals transmitted from web browsers. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
2. How Do We Use Information About You?
We use information collected and received from and about you primarily for business or commercial activities, which may include:
- where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests;
- providing, operating, and maintaining the Services and our offerings;
- billing and collections;
- identifying when changes are made to your account or services;
- understanding your use of the Services in order to consider improving them;
- obtaining user surveys, recommendations and reviews;
- marketing the Services and those of select business partners;
- delivering addressable or customized advertising, offers, and other services to you within the Services, via email, or through other web sites and platforms;
- detecting fraud and unauthorized reception of the Services;
- determining whether applicable policies and terms of service are being violated;
- performing statistical or qualitative research and analysis;
- maintaining our do not contact lists;
- other uses as necessary to provide the Services.complying with law; and
Personal information and usage information may be aggregated and/or de-identified for other business and marketing uses by us. This aggregated and/or de-identified data may be used to improve our products and services, to measure and analyze use of our products and services, to provide more relevant marketing and advertising, to measure advertising effectiveness, to conduct market research, and for other analytical and reporting purposes.
We may combine the various information we collect and receive from and about you, including account information, personal information, usage information, as well as information collected offline, across other computers or devices that you may use, and from third-party sources.
3. What Information Do We Share With Others?
Hang may share your personal information with third parties in order to provide you with the best products and services and with information that may be of interest to you.
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this Policy:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Hang's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Hang about our users is among the assets transferred.
- To sponsors of our Events and other third parties for their marketing and other business purposes unless you tell us not to by sending us your name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicating that you are asking us to stop sharing your information with third parties for their marketing and other business purposes. Please understand that it may take us a few days to process any opt-out request and that, even if you opt out of this third party sharing, we may still share your information with our third party service providers to perform services for us. To stop receiving promotional messages from third parties who already have your contact information, please contact them directly.
Required by Law. Hang may be required by law to disclose information about you (including personal information) without your consent or notice. We may also be required to disclose personal information to a third party or governmental entity in response to a court order.
Other Third Parties. If you disclose your information to others (including after following a link, banner, widget or ad that leads to other online properties), different rules may apply to their use or disclosure of the information you provide to the third parties that operate those online properties. Hang does not control the privacy policies of third parties, and you are subject to the privacy policies of those third parties where applicable. We encourage you to ask questions before you disclose that personal information to others.
4. What Choices Do You Have?
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt out by emailing us at email@example.com. Please understand that it may take us a few days to process any opt out request and that, even if you opt out of this third party sharing, we may still share your information with our third party service providers to perform services for us. To stop receiving promotional messages from third parties who already have your contact information, please contact them directly.
- Promotional Offers from the Hang. If you do not wish to have your personal information used by Hang to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt out by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please understand that it may take us a few days to process any opt-out request and that, even if you opt out of receiving promotional correspondence from us, we may still contact you in connection with your relationship, activities, transactions and communications with us.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers' target-audience preferences, you can opt out by contacting us at email@example.com.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.-
Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to this designated address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. How Do We Protect Your Personal Information?
Hang takes information security seriously. We endeavor to prevent unauthorized third-party access to information about you. However, we cannot guarantee that these practices will prevent every unauthorized attempt to access, use, or information about you.
Hang maintains personal information about you in our regular business records while you use our products or services. Hang also maintains personal information about you for a period of time after you are no longer a subscriber to satisfy legal or tax requirements, for fraud prevention, or for business purposes.
6. Your California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. California residents may take advantage of the following rights:
- You may request, up to two times each year, that we disclose to you the categories and specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you, the categories of sources from which your personal information is collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information, the categories of personal information that we disclosed for a business or commercial purpose, any categories of personal information that we sold about you, the categories of third parties with whom we have shared your personal information, and the business or commercial purpose for sharing your personal information, if applicable.
- You may request that we delete any personal information that we have collected from or about you. Note that there are some reasons we will not be able to fully address your request, such as if we need to retain that information to complete a transaction for you, to detect and protect against fraudulent and illegal activity, for an internal business purpose, to exercise our rights, or to comply with a legal obligation.
- You may request that we do not sell your personal information to third parties or that the businesses that purchase your personal information from us after we process your request not resell that information.
- To take advantage of any of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com or at the address below. We value your privacy and will not discriminate in response to your exercise of your privacy rights. We will respond to your access and deletion requests within 45 days of receipt of your request, after proper verification, unless we need additional time, in which case we will let you know. We will respond to your opt out of sale requests promptly.
For purposes of compliance with the CCPA, in addition to the further details as described throughout this Policy, we make the following disclosures:
- We collect the following categories of personal information: Identifiers/Contact Information, Commercial information, Internet or other electronic network activity information, geolocation, visual and audio information, and inferences drawn from the above.
- We sell the following categories of personal information to sponsors of our Events and other third party partners (who may, in turn, resell that information): Identifiers/Contact Information, Internet or other electronic network activity information, and inferences drawn from the above. Our personal information sales do not include information about individuals we know are under age 16.
- We disclose the following categories of personal information to third parties for a business or commercial purpose: Identifiers/Contact Information, Commercial information, Internet or other electronic network activity information, geolocation, visual and audio information, and inferences drawn from the above.
Contact Information. To ask questions or comment about this Policy and our privacy practices or to register a complaint contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail at:
Hang Media, Inc.
PO Box 41
Mt. Kisco, NY 10549